• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New Trac bar

play_in_the_mud

NAXJA Forum User
So I came to the conclusion month ago that my normal RE adjustable track bar was not up to par with my 8 inches of lift. And upon further look yesterday after hitting a snow pile pretty hard, I bent it. So its time for a new one. I am not 100% sure which one I want to go with. Narrowed it down to either:

Rustys trac bar package: I know some people have had complaints with them, but i like rustys stuff and its not like it doesnt have a warranty, the entire package with the trac bar, mount and brace is certainly the least expensive, and I think rustys has the best customer service of anywhere i have ever dealt with.

Rubicon Express: The most expensive by far, by atleast $100. but it is the good name to go with, and i have heard nothing but good things, but I dont like the fact that I have to buy the trac bar, the mount and the brace all seperate.

TnT Customs: I have their y-link kit and the stiffeners and I know that everything they come out with is top notch. I like the fact that the trac bar is THICK. But no option for a brace, however one could be made fairly easy.

Thanks in advance for any help guys.

I ran Rusty's track bar and mount and now I run the RE bar and mount. To me there's no comparison. IMO, Rusty's mount is an accident waiting to happen unless you beef it up.

His track bar seems fine (and strong), but I MUCH prefer the RE Super-Flex joint over the bushing end on Rusty's. That bushing set up doesn't last long.

I know nothing of TNT's track bar, so can't comment.

BTW, were you running the longer coupler with the RE track bar? Their track bar with the stock coupler is good for up to 6" (they say), which I think is pushing it, and at 8" of lift there isn't enough thread to properly center the axle.

The only "right" way to do a track bar at 8" of lift is to raise it up on top of the axle tube and do an over the knuckle steering setup. Get the weld on brackets from JKS that remount the track bar higher, and the pieces to raise the sway bar links, then shop around for a kit to do an OTK steering setup, or search around here for examples of how to do it. Then, use whatever track bar you like.

At 8", you really need to deal with the angles.

At the risk of sounding rude. Lets assume that this post was about a trac bar and that I already have an OTK steering set up and a nice big drop pitman arm. So those angles are already taken care of. And Im not sure which trac bar I like thats why this post exists. But thank you.

Let's asume that the person writing the post won't be the only person reading the replys. Any and all info reguarding track bars and installation would be benifitial to the readers.

I agree with you, and Im not trying to argue, but I asked about trac bars and he went on a tangent about steering, I just hate it when things end up off topic.

I also have a 8inch lift and I have been running the Rusty Trac-bar for about 2 years with no issues. I'm still running the RE drop bracket but Rusty's Trac-bar.

play_in_the_mud said:
I agree with you, and Im not trying to argue, but I asked about trac bars and he went on a tangent about steering, I just hate it when things end up off topic.

You asked a question, he gave his opinion, that even I would agree with.

Maybe you should tell us you have OTK steering, instead of saying, 'let us assume I do'. A little more info on your setup can be helpful too.

The TnT TB mount on the 'frame' side is a beefy peice. Their TB seems to be as well.

RE stuff isn't bad.

There are a few threads about the Rustys TB that may be worth looking into.

Back