• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

JKS crossover shock mount?

jdurbach

NAXJA Forum User
Is it possible to use the JKS crossover mount on a lift that is smaller than 4" I have a 2" lift and I really would like to put that piece in but it says for 4" and over lifts. Does anyone make something like that for smaller lifts?

I think you would have to use use shorter shocks to keep from bottoming them out with less than 4".

So use the stock shocks instead of the longer shocks for the lift. That would make sense. I wouldnt know what other shocks I wqould use

What is the benifit of this? So the shocks you have will fit? So the shocks travel further to simulate a shock valve change? Or is it just a bolt on fix for busted shock mount bolts?

The benifit of this in my situation is that I have hi-clearanced my lower shock mounts and want to still run longer shocks. I had 2 options (1) cut holes in the floor (2) buy a cross over mounting system.

uncc civilengineer said:
The benifit of this in my situation is that I have hi-clearanced my lower shock mounts and want to still run longer shocks. I had 2 options (1) cut holes in the floor (2) buy a cross over mounting system.
Can you post pics of how your tail pipe is routed now?

I havent installed it yet so I dont know exactly what im going to do.... Im considering just putting a "turn down" on it right after the muffler.... BUT, I dont know yet. I'll get some pics up after the install next week.

Chris

i have looked for pics of this crossover shock mount and cant find one
does someone have pics of this or a similar setup>?
i have also moved my mounts up about 4" for clearance and was thinking i should mount my shocks more inboard i have buddys who run those buggys for prerunning and crap and have seen them mount shortrd shocks and get more travel because of the angle

Back