• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Removing spring perches

Micah

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 44 I am going to put in the rear of my 2000 Classic Its sitting up 5 inches and my pinnion angles are horrific at best. So how hard is it to remove the perches being able to reuse them to setup the axle at the right angle? Oh and the 44 is out of an XJ.

On a side note does anybody know the part number for the pinion seal on that thing?

Micah said:
I have a 44 I am going to put in the rear of my 2000 Classic Its sitting up 5 inches and my pinnion angles are horrific at best. So how hard is it to remove the perches being able to reuse them to setup the axle at the right angle? Oh and the 44 is out of an XJ.

On a side note does anybody know the part number for the pinion seal on that thing?

I just used some $20 shims for my 6.5" lift.

Cutting them off is easy but time consuming like all metal work.
Use a thin cutting blades and work your way through the weld toward the perch, not the tube.
Then use a grinding blade to make the tube smooth.

Put the new perches on
Ubolts and plates in place
lower the weight back on your new springs
then tack them in place
pull the axle back out and fully weld them on.

What degree of shims did you use? Also did you weld the shims to the axle or no? I thought about shims but my pinion angle is way off. If they will work though I will go that route.

I cut the perches off with a torch, then put new perches on. New perches are available cheap from many places. I'd try shims first, though. Many around here have the lift you're talking about and corrected pinion angle with shims.

Back