• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Replacement Leaf Spring Bushings

9T3XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I recently bought a set of used tomken leaf springs that i'm rebuilding. i'm looking for rubber replacement bushings, i've searched and all i could find was poly bushings. the stock bushings arn't the same size.

anybody know where i can find some rubber replacements?

They probably use stock size spring bushings. 1 1/2 for the rear and 2 3/4 for the front. Advanced Auto parts sells TRW for 60 bucks for all four.

I bought a set of stock size bushings and they didn't fit. i was going to call tomken on monday but on their website all they have listed for their springs are poly bushings.

does anybody know maybe where i could find rubber bushings sold just by size and not application.

Poly does not flex so it transmitts noise,vibration and stress to mounts. Same problem with poly motor and transmission mounts. They shake you and the unibody to death.

I called tomken and they pretty much told me i could by poly bushings from them or they recommended to take measurements and call daystar.

as soon as i pull the old bushings i'm going to give betts spring (from the link posted above) a call and see if they can help.

anybody else have any ideas?

oh, and i guess poly bushings are better in the sense that their supposed to be more durable and last longer, but everything i've read said to go with rubber for the reasons above.

The rubber replacements seem like they are the wrong size. There are write-ups on here regarding the difficult installation. When I installed new rubber replacements into OME springs, I had a hell of a time. I greased them, froze them, beat them and they finally went in. It was almost the most difficult part of the entire installation. I also used small screwdrivers to "open" the spring to help the bushing slide into place. The ones I put in appeared to be about 1/8-3/16" too small.

try RE they may be the same size because I know stock one do not fit RE springs either
what size are they I have bunch of new ones laying around from past projects. Just do not remember from what

Back