• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

C.V. Drive Shaft

Only In A Jeep XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Any one know of a manufature that does a premade C.V. drive shaft for the XJ? I see all kinds for the wranglers but none for the cherokees

Tom Woods makes one that they sell with their SYE as a kit.

not sure if your looking for a "double cordon (CV)" DS or if your looking for a "constant velocity (CV)" DS. my '84 has a constant velocity DS and i started looking at all the double cordon cv's for a replacement...they arent the same. if the yoke of your front DS goes into a "tin can" type operation that attaches to the t-case...you probably have a constant velocity DS.

firefight343 said:
not sure if your looking for a "double cordon (CV)" DS or if your looking for a "constant velocity (CV)" DS. my '84 has a constant velocity DS and i started looking at all the double cordon cv's for a replacement...they arent the same. if the yoke of your front DS goes into a "tin can" type operation that attaches to the t-case...you probably have a constant velocity DS.

Wrong end of the transfer lookin at the rear drive shaft.

RE also make or at least sells a double cardon DS but you need to tell them everything about your old one first so have all the info before you call them.

firefight343 said:
aww sh^t...i suck. :)

LMAO I've thought about going with a ft drive shaft in the rear too but don't know if I want to go that direction yet. I'm just not too sure on how strong it would be or hold up even though I know some peaple run them in the rear.

Back