• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

motor bolt sets

sampleman

NAXJA Forum User
ok i know there are sites such as lmc etc. that a person can pick up bolt sets for the entire engine bay.. but are there any sites where i can buy such things for cherokees i know i could go and get each bolt seperatly but i would like to buy a package to save time any help needed...

sampleman said:
ok i know there are sites such as lmc etc. that a person can pick up bolt sets for the entire engine bay.. but are there any sites where i can buy such things for cherokees i know i could go and get each bolt seperatly but i would like to buy a package to save time any help needed...

Not that I know of. Yet.

I'm working on it...

5-90 - I'd jump right on a set of new bolts for the valve cover. Mine are rusted. Probably some others too. Let us know.

Interesting. Probably part of the reason I've been collecting screw and bolt data over the last year or so - something like this has probably been tickling at the back of my mind.

So tell me, in addition to a "full engine" set (everything needed to assemble an engine,) what other sets should I look into putting together? I'm tossing around:
Oil Sump Pan Set
Valve Cover Set
Manifold Set

at the moment, and I would use something other than carbon steel, where using something else would be a good idea (like on the manifolds.)

sampleman said:
body sets...

A good deal of body screws are #6 or #8 x 1" SEMS or Teks body screws, I've noted.

I do have that 1990 that I'm still tearing down - as I tear it down, the screws I removed get "bagged and tagged" for measurement later. I'm working on it, even if it doesn't often seem like it...

Back