• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

stuck on tires

Justpunchit

NAXJA Member #1291
looking at either the 35x13.50 bfg krawlers, 35X12.50 bfg Mt's, or the 35X12.50 cooper stt's.... i ran the bfg Mt's for a while and i liked them but perhaps theres a better tire for me i do alot of rocks and hit the mud at times... and ideas??

Tire questions get brought up a dozen times a day. How about some better info on HOW the rig is used, how much street time it sees, etc?

I run the Krawlers on my rig and LOVE them, best tire I've ever run... but my rig gets trailered most everywhere it goes... I would NOT put them on a rig that gets driven on the street much.

The BFG M/T's are a great all around tire as are the Trxus M/T's. I've sold almost a dozen sets of the Trxus in the past few months with NO complaints.
They seem to wear just as good as the BFG's, last as long, /w stronger sidewalls, and less $$$

J

yeah i should of added some more info ok the rig does get trailered almost everywhere but I would like to be able to drive it every now and then on the road so maybe Id do like 1000 miles of on road travel. I run a tire shop so i get all bfg stuff and cooper stuff at cost thats why i was kinda asking about them but i did take a peak at the trxxus before. since you have the krawlers how are they overall besides on the slick rock becuase i heard there horrible in mud is this true?

I've run TSL's, MT/R's, BFG M/T's and then the Krawlers. To me (and I live in the NW, we get our fair share of mud), they're not bad in the mud at all. They're better than the MT/R's and BFG M/T's for sure... the swamper probably does a little better. The the Krawlers are AWESOME in the rocks, snow, etc. They aren't real good on compact snow/ice, but any aggressive tire like that isn't. I drive my rig on a few trips a year that are probably close to 200 miles round trip and they wear ok for that stuff, just too much $$$ for something that would get driven every day. They aren't any louder than my 35" MT/R's were either and balanced out pretty decent.

J

The Coops are a good road tire with long life....they are "pretty good" in mud. They are a bit noisy....my choice for a trailered rig that sees any serious mud action would be TSL....awsome in mud, and aired down they do pretty dern good with climbing, but they are not my first choice for tread life. The BFG's...i have seen quite a few of those get cut down pretty easily...

Back