• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ID This axle...

Speed_racer

NAXJA Forum User
Calling on an ad in the paper, guy says he has three jeep truck "buggies"...

Couldnt tell me the name of the axle... but he has a front driver drop which reads...

33143-13

I believe it's a 10 bolt.. per what I pull up online... but I need to know what year rig its out of / can it work in an MJ (will be grinded down and new mounts welded, obviously),... also need to know if its HP or LP, and if stronger/more practical than an HPd44... since I already have one of those...

Tire will be 36 or 37"

I didn't check the numbers but I'm pretty sure that will be a low pinon wag 44 just based on what I can tell. I could look at my tag (if I could find it) to be sure.

It's driver's drop which means that it is either a jeep or a ford axle. Which rules out the 10B and really only means it's a D44.

The 3.31 ratio (43-13) was common on wags. Actually, I want to say it was the only ratio but you'd have to ask the FSJ guys. Ford vastly preferred 3.55.

Back