• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyway to get dents out of rear upper 1/4?

ZachMan

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Memorial Lifetime Member
Looking at getting this Jeep later on and its been laid on it its side. Yeah it would be great to chop later on, but it will be my DD for awhile. Getting new doors shouldn't be too too hard, but the rear glass was smashed and is using plex-glass now. The guy has new real glass, but he said it may take some work getting it to fit. I thought about sanding the area all down and maybe using some body filler and then bedlining over it all, heck I dunno. :eyes: Not worried about anything but the area around the rear 1/4 glass.

some pics:

lane.jpg

lane3.jpg

lane4.jpg

A good bodyshop guy should be able to studweld and pull the dents out.
You might not get the glass to fit if the structure has been damaged. After I got hit in the left rear bumper, the shop guy pulled the unibody straight, but he couldn't get the upper 1/4 to come back straight because there was so much stress transferred to the rest of the jeep.
My glass still fits though.

Back