• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cooling my XJ

chris420

NAXJA Forum User
I need to buy a water pump and radiator. I have been lookin at the Hesco hi flow water pump, Hesco 3 core radiator, and Hesco high volume thermostat housing. I did a lot of research and figured Hesco was the best. If there is a brand that is just as good as Hesco and cheaper please let me know my budget is tight. Also what thermostat should I run with this set up ?
Below I listed the cost of the major parts I will need to do this project.
1. Hesco Water Pump 149.95
2. Hesco Thermostat Housing 27.95
3. Hesco 3 core radiator 249.95

I have a 2000 XJ 4.0lt AW4 NP242

I've had the Hesco hi-flow water pump for a good 2 years now and am very happy with it, does the job well.

Don't have any experience with their radiator but that price seems a little high. I think you're just as good with using a CSF radiator (DPG Offroad sells em') or Modine.

The hi-flow housing, seriously don't bother. I ported out my own and didn't see any difference whatsoever. But when you stop and think about all the passages of various sizes and shapes in the engine block alone...well one little smoothing out isn't going to help whatsoever.

I bought the hesco waterpump, the water outlet, and the 180* thermostat. I bought my GDI 3 core radiator from Advance Auto, they call it the extreme duty heatbuster. I wouldn't consider it extreme, but worth the little extra cost. The only time that I have seen the Jeep get anywhere near 210* is when I am on the beach in 4Hi with 90+ degree temps outside. No complaints at all about the setup. My dad was having issues with his '95 and the heat in the summer around here, he installed the same GDI radiator that I put in and he was extremely satisfied. (He has had issues with the Jeep trying to overheat in the summer time ever since he bought it in 2000.) Every Jeep owner that I have recommended this radiator to has loved it, all metal, 3 core, and effective.

Back