• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

who sells long arm upgrades

xj_brad

NAXJA Forum User
I am looking into doing a long arm upgrade and was wondering who you would suggest buying fomr.. i dont have the time or knowhow to do this... im limited to about my bumpers and sliders.

The search button is full of this info.

Full Traction sells an ok kit.

Rock Krawler sells a decent kit

TNT sells an excellent kit

Rubicon Express sells a kit

Rusty's sells a kit

Everyone and their brother sells a kit. :)

rusty's offroad sells a great complete kit. It's super-easy to install, and completely bolt-on. I've never had any problems with it, especially with the high-clearance arms. :-D

xjfreak40 said:
rusty's offroad sells a great complete kit. It's super-easy to install

Super easy? You must have had help lol... Drilling through the uniframe was a pain for me. Then again, I didn't have flame cutting torches... I got to whine away with a drill and a 1" hole saw for all the holes...

S

a bolt on long arm kit is kind of scary but i guess my rock krawler 3 link is up there and doesnt even have a seperate crossmemember but it seems that those mounts need extra stress protection an and welding angle or a custom piece would help in securing the arm mounts

I am doing the TnT upgrade kit right now. This kit is pretty sweet pretty good directions. It will prob take a few days to install if you have the time to relax and have fun. I got delayed because I was missing two parts. I called them up and they dropped them in the mail. I hope they are here monday so I can finish my lift and then start on the DEO steering goodies....

If bolt-on scares you, you probably shouldn't of picked an XJ =(. Rusty's kit looks awesome. I've seen their rig own trails that whiteknight had a little trouble on (3rd transformation... their new whiteknight rig is freaking scary).

Tenament said:
If bolt-on scares you, you probably shouldn't of picked an XJ =(. Rusty's kit looks awesome. I've seen their rig own trails that whiteknight had a little trouble on (3rd transformation... their new whiteknight rig is freaking scary).

anytime you see 'rig', 'trail' and 'rustys' in the same paragraph its scary.

what about a 4 link LA upgrade kit? i know full traction sells one, but i herd its not good for rocks/trail riding and that its made mostly for desert. arnt all the kits you all sugested (except the 3-link RK kit) radius arms?

BDS has just come out with a 6" 4-link LA system for XJs, I don't know if they're selling it as an upgrade kit though, or just as a full suspension lift. I haven't heard anything about this kit though, other than what I've seen in advertisements.

Full Traction has a 4-link kit, but from what I've heard and seen, it hangs relatively low for something that's going to see much use in rocks.

RK's kit is a 3-link, and pretty much everything else (T&T, RE, Clayton's, and Rusty's) is a radius arm design.

TeraFlex and Tomken have "long-arm" 4-link kits, but it's only long lower arms -- the uppers are stock length.

The TnT also improves on road handling. As a matter of fact, all long arm kits are vastly superior to short and mid arm kits when you lift an XJ and increase tire dia.. It's just the nature of the beast: more leverage = better control. Kind of like that 6' kid in 5th grade that held you down... Oops TMI! :D

I'd put my drop brackets and shortarms up against longarms for road handle anyday. ;)

bigolexj said:
The TnT also improves on road handling. As a matter of fact, all long arm kits are vastly superior to short and mid arm kits when you lift an XJ and increase tire dia.. It's just the nature of the beast: more leverage = better control. Kind of like that 6' kid in 5th grade that held you down... Oops TMI! :D

Like more brake dive... More unloading on steep climbs.... Just the nature of the beast...

If you compare the handing of a long radius arm type set-up to a true 4 link long arm, a properly set-up 4 link mid arm or short arms with drop brackets the 4 link will be better handing on the road.

They all have there good points and bad points....

Back