• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

tnt y-link questions

Smittty9785

NAXJA Forum User
i installed the upgrade kit, came with the arms and bellypan. i bouth RE 7.5" springs for the front. but its sitting at about 5" of lift. whats wrong? the lower arms are showing 3" of thread as about 2" of it threaded inside the arm. and as for the upper arms. it has about 1" of thread showing and like 6" threaded inside the arm. any suggestions? thanks

yeah, your links should have nothing to do with how much lift you get..

well not sure yes they are the correct 7.5" coils. but why isnt it getting 7.5" lift? when i installed the kit i took off the old arms and springs and all the weight was sitting on the new 7.5" coils. i didnt htink that would sag the springs down so much. is that what i did wrong or is there something else?

Smittty9785 said:
when i installed the kit i took off the old arms and springs...

you mean the old arms and shocks? or did you put the 7.5" coils in along with the Y-link?

So are you getting less lift now than before you did the Y-link kit, with the same springs?

Yeah, something here isn't adding up. Either you have the wrong coils, or are measuring lift incorrectly.

What coils did you have on the jeep before?

well the new arms and belly pan are on my jeep. the new coils are also under. i dont have shocks under yet. i bought a set of the bilstein 5150's jsut waiting for the shock adapter.

seriously, if you are going to answer questions we arent asking, and ignore the ones we do ask..

we're going to have a very difficult time helping you. :)

Jeepin Jason said:
you mean the old arms and shocks? or did you put the 7.5" coils in along with the Y-link?

So are you getting less lift now than before you did the Y-link kit, with the same springs?
just answering his question... yes i was talking about the springs. i took the 4.5" springs out and installed the 7.5"

What 4.5" springs were they? What was the spring rate on them?

just a bit frusterated when S*** doesnt go planned like you wanted it. i know everyone can relate working on their jeeps..........

they came with the lift i bought. it was a 4.5" rough country.... just to mention the new 7.5" springs were only about 2" bigger but they were VERY stiff compared to the 4.5" springs i took off...not sure of the spring rate on either of them..

cal said:
Is there a box with a part # for the 7.5's?
thanks for reminding me, went back to the auction site and noticed i was supposed to get a free T-shirt..

shady, all of the RE coils I have bought have come with a part number. I'd be curiouse to know if they gave you the 5.5" coils and not the 7.5" coils?

on the auction site it says RE springs 1358. and how i got to the think they sagged... well i got the y-link kit in the mail.. so i then decided to take the old arms and springs off. i then installed the new springs... i let the whole chasis sit on just the springs for a couple days while i painted my y-link kit. i then installed the kit and came to that thinking i sagged my springs..

hmm maybe i got gacked on springs and they gave me the 5.5". anyway i can figure that out?

Back