• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SFM

I'm assuming you mean "FSM" (Factory Service Manual.)

Check ebay for older years - anything past 10-12 years old would be there, or at www.books4cars.com (the latter as a reprint.) However, you can get better deals on ebay with a little work - I've been scoring 1950's, 1960's and 1970's Kaiser/Jeep and AMC/Jeep FSMs on ebay for about $10-20 each.

If your XJ is less than, say, 10-12 years old - try the Daimler/Chrysler Tech Authority (I don't recall their address, but you can search here for it or just Google it. I'm wanting to think it's www.techauthority.com, but don't come crying to me if it's not there - I've not needed the link.)

Expect to pay ~$100 for newer FSMs, older ones will be whatever you can find them for. Also, many of us here have FSMs (I've got spotty coverage from 1954 to 2001) and are willing to share information - if you need help a little faster than humanly possible, that's an option.

And, if all you're looking for are torque specs, go to my website (link in sig) in the Tech Archive section, and you'll find a number of specifications for various years - culled directly from factory literature (I don't consider anything else reliable for citing publicly.) The only thing I haven't gotten around to changing is on the "Fluid Capacities and Recommendations" page - for anywhere you see an AX-4, AX-5, or AX-15 manual transmission, the use of GL-3 is preferred and GL-4 is acceptable - not RPT NOT the GL-5 that has been taken from the FSMs. I plan to change that in the next round of updates (GL-5 has added sulphur, which is antagonistic to the bronze synchroniser rings used in Aisin transmissions. The NV3550 used in very later Jeep models is a special case, and uses its own lubricant.)

Back