• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Building custom 8 in. long arm Suspension. ANY TIPS?

Idaho-88XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I have an 88 xj, Does anybody have any good links. With good intellegent tech info on the suspension geometry of a front 8 in. Long arm suspension build up. I'm looking to do this myself not use a kit. I was hoping I may get lucky and find some one out there that has done all the mock ups and trial and error for me. Any help would be great. Thanks

Sure, I'm 90% done with mine.

DSC01139.JPG

http://jeepin.net/forum/showthread.php?t=25725

As far as tips...if you don't know where to start with this, it's probably not a project you really want to do yourself. With that much lift on an XJ there are MANY things that need to be addressed if you want it to work well. If you have any specific questions I can try and answer them but you really need to have a good understanding of everything involved before even thinking of starting a project like this.

Well I do know where to start. I start here. by asking questions and gathering information. espeacially info from others such as your self who have been there and done that. I have some good ideas and am a welding tech college grad. my primary job is a military mechanic. I understand that a prodject of this size and complexity is intimidating and not easily achieved. But I am going to do it anyway because there are people like you that can help me. So if you could tell me where you got your ideas, ie. books, internet site, or you can just tell me that you were born with a special gift to know and understand suspension geometery. Any help from you or anyone else that has completed or found info on custom triangulated 4 link front suspensions, Or radius arm style front suspensions. would be great. Thank you much

Back