• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Evan's Creek Today -LONG-

mud1059

NAXJA Forum User
I'll start this off with I don't have pictures. I don't wheel with a camera mostly because I have priorities when wheeling. Not ragging on anybody, just my personal preference. As most of you have seen my rig, I DO need to keep my focus on the trail. The day started off late, I woke up at 6:45 and was out finishing last minute details by 7:30. We pulled out of my driveway at 8.

We made it to the day parking area around 9 to find a crowd. "How the heck did this many people come in so few rigs?" I ask myself. Busted rigs was the answer. An XJ and a TJ to be specific. I didn't get details before the rescue mission began, I had all the room as everyone else was wheeling Yotas. We all climbed in and headed up 311-B to 311. They were towards the top of 311 was the story I got.

Here's their story from what I gathered: The group of six were in the area and decided to hit up Evans Friday night say 1700 or 5 PM if you will. Because there were 2 vehicles it was assumed they'd be just fine one way or another. BAM TJ died. Won't start. XJ tugs dead TJ anchor. XJ breaks upper control arm. At one point they got cell reception and recruited a buddy with a welder to make it up today. They camp out all night then HIKE all the way back down the day camp hoping for help to arrive.

Long story short: Tried dragging TJ down the hill. Power brakes with no power and a novice driver = tug him up the hill. Three yotas daisy chained together trying to tug that damned TJ up the same place Josh blew up his rear end. All to no avail. Those 3 yotas have 5 winches between them. All 5 winches were used at one time to get the 3 rigs and the TJ anchor up the hill. In total the TJ alone took 7 long and boring hours to get off the trail. Two hours before the epic adventure was over the welding buddies showed up. I wasn't able to hang around for XJ extraction. I had a George Strait concert I was running late to. I probably missed some details (about 23 hrs worth) however I kept telling and telling and telling the XJ guy to jump on NAXJA. Perhaps he can fill us in...

1/2 the yota guys learned today that XJ's are 90% sheetmetal. We're thinking of going back again next weekend due to a crappy day today.

Ya'll are welcome - I'd recommend locker front and rear along with a winch or at least recovery points. There's hardly any snow as it's all melted. However what is there is packed and very very slippery.

There's so many yotas now adays. I always seem to be the outcast. I failed to mention I gave them my food for the day as they hadn't eaten in 15 hrs. It's not like I needed it.

El i- I have a hard time with names. I'd probably recognize his rig though.

My stepson went up today with some friends (and their quads). Said it was just a huge clusterf*ck today "...did someone open the Gomer Gates? Is the moon full?", he asked.

They were ALL out there this weekend, I guess... Got Banjo? :shocked: :repair:

You're tellin me! I was even allowed to work in the garage this week for preparation. What a lousy trip.
I totally forgot about the 5 4x2 pickups with quads in the back...all 5 were stuck at least once. One fruitcake had to stay on the gas long enough to slide down the hill (to the right of the day camp) where they put in those boulders. He slides all the way to the rock then asks for help. A guy goes over to assist and fruitcake has the gall to get out to watch his own extraction.

Last edited:
mud1059 said:
There's so many yotas now adays. I always seem to be the outcast. I failed to mention I gave them my food for the day as they hadn't eaten in 15 hrs. It's not like I needed it.

El i- I have a hard time with names. I'd probably recognize his rig though.

Its the red one. Has a SAS, 38's, 6" or more of lift. Another Take Off Your Over Sized Tires rig. :D :D

http://nw-wheelers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9887

hards91xj said:
Was there Snow at the day camp area?
Is there room to park rigs at the Day area ?
Maybe a foot of snow and plenty of parking. You could make it all the way to the RV area with a trailer if you have 4x4..

Back