• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

valve cover breather

clunk

NAXJA Forum User
The breather "elbow" running to my airbox on top of the valve cover is on it's last legs on my jeep--it's literally hanging on by a thread. My local jeep dealer said 2+ weeks to get one in(what a load) and I don't want to buy the whole kit with all the vacuum lines--I simply want to replace this elbow and call it good for a while.
My local auto parts store has a slew of PCV "elbows" for all different sorts of applications, but nothing for the I-6 the cherokee uses. Is there something from another vehicle that will work? Mine maybe has a few days of life left before it tears off completely. I'm worried that if it falls off completely the bottom part of the elbow will fall into the valve cover.

I put a chevy small block breather on mine, got rid of the extra vacuum lines when I changed them all to rubber instead of the plastic, and never looked back, no blow-by, no problems, in 9 years....

yeah not too concerned with the vacuum lines as they all look to be good (tested for vacuum leaks)...I'd just like to replace the breather elbow before it get's dusty and the crankcase starts to suck in dirty, dusty air.

Do you have a part number the chevy breather came from? Or just any small block chev? I'm sure they had replacement elbows for chevs--they seemed to have them for anything BUT the I-6 that jeep uses..
thanks

Back