• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Welcoming a few new (and one old) names to the chapter

GI-John

NAXJA Forum User
Ladies and Gentlemen, please welcome:

TRSCobra (aka Eric)
A new trooper here at Ft Lewis that hails from Pennsyl-freaking-vania. He came over the house Sunday to watch me wrench on the J-10 and drink my homebrew (which is Awesome, BTW) He has a late model XJ with bushwackers that will probably be ripped off here in the Spring.:gee:

Ladywolf (aka Kris)
An old NWC salt that likes CJ's and running out of gas. She is currently returning from her 43rd tour in Iraq and will be stationed here (and hopefully stabilized for a while) until the next deployment. Welcome Home Kris.

Nickguy (aka Nick....go figure)
An awesome chap from England I met tonight with a penchant for MiniCoopers and Jeeps. This guy fits the Jeeper mold perfectly...careful though, he's a lurker, not a poster, so we need to bring him into the NWC way.

John

GI-John said:
Ladywolf (aka Kris)
An old NWC salt that likes CJ's and running out of gas. She is currently returning from her 43rd tour in Iraq and will be stationed here (and hopefully stabilized for a while) until the next deployment. Welcome Home Kris.

43 TOURS!!! WOW. Tons of respect coming from this neck of the woods.:shocked:

Tom

Hey John, was talking to a GI at Discount Tire today. Told Josh to stop and BS with ya if I finds you cruisin around Base. He is in a Flat black 86 Toyota with 18"s cut out of the frame and bed; on new Interco tires.

He has a XJ with either a bad tranny or transfer case.

If you have the chance stop him to chat, he said he was headed back over seas shortly.

Was great meeting you John. Thanks for the kind words I will do post on the rare occasion I have something useful to say. :)

i heard thru the grapevine the unit i'm prolly goin to is mebbe leavin round the same time as you, so i might not have as much time as i thought. but i guess we shall see.

oh.......and i'm over the CJ thing. no more running out of gas for me

ladywolf said:
i heard thru the grapevine the unit i'm prolly goin to is mebbe leavin round the same time as you, so i might not have as much time as i thought. but i guess we shall see.

I'm really sorry to hear that Kris, as I know you have really looked forward to getting some time to spend with your friends and family. :(

no worries. its the army. rumor is rumor, i shall see once i sign in here in a month or so:)

Don't get too worried about returning right away. The Army has policies preventing such a short turn around like this.

John

GI-John said:
Nickguy (aka Nick....go figure)
An awesome chap from England I met tonight with a penchant for MiniCoopers and Jeeps.
Cool, another sports car nut turned Jeeper! We'll have to get him to come to the next M&G so I can pester him with questions about Lucas electrics over a warm beer. ;)

Glad to have you home Kris, and I look forward to meeting you, Eric. I'm getting withdrawls from John's homebrew...maybe we'll all have to get together soon and fix that. :cheers:

-----Matt-----

IXNAYXJ said:
Cool, another sports car nut turned Jeeper! We'll have to get him to come to the next M&G so I can pester him with questions about Lucas electrics over a warm beer. ;)

-----Matt-----

We'll just have to make sure that we have the M&G during the day. A gentleman does not motor about after dark.:repair: :D

Welcome to the chapter you new members, and welcome back Kris hopefully you get some well deserved R&R while your home.
Ryan

GI-John said:
Don't get too worried about returning right away. The Army has policies preventing such a short turn around like this.

John

i'm not too worried. whenever they send me is whenever they send me. at this point in time i'd be glad for the money here shortly (like normal finance screwed up)

IXNAYXJ said:

Glad to have you home Kris, and I look forward to meeting you, Eric. I'm getting withdrawls from John's homebrew...maybe we'll all have to get together soon and fix that. :cheers:

-----Matt-----
he's not the only sports car nut turned jeeper ;)

Tom

Back