• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need HELP! in Apple Valley....

Paul R

NAXJA Forum User
I need some help with my brothers 89 XJ in Apple Valley. He is disabled and broke with limited tools and no money.

I bought him this Jeep knowing that it wasn't running but he has sence gotten it running. He had to take it appart to replace the exhaust manifold gasket.

The previous owned broke one of the studs off in the head (the one at the very front, so easy to get to) While trying to remove it, my brother broke his easy out off. It is not sticking out and we need to get it removed so he can get the jeep back together.

His apt complex has given him till Wed to get it registered (the previous owner had a non-op on it but couldn't find it) or they will tow it away.

Is there anyone that is in the area that can lend a hand??

Thanks,
Paul

I broke off the same stud when I replaced the gasket. I also broke an easy out trying to remove it.

If he must drive it before fixing the problem, he can. He just needs to put it all back together. With that one area not secured it wasn't really too much of a problem for the short term.

I took my Jeep to a machine shop where the machinist welded a rod to the broken easy out and turned the stud (w/ broken easy out) until it came out. Get a new stud from the dealer. Good luck.

Back