• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Adjustable Cross-Over Shock Mount

KSXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Has anyone had any experience with these? If so could you post pics and your opinion. This looks to be a good option to a bar pin eliminator.

p_ogs999.jpg

http://store.jksmfg.com/merchant2/m...OCKMOUNT&Store_Code=JKS01&Category_Code=Shock

the cheapest I can find it for is here:
http://www.redrock4x4.com/shop/products/2060.html

I have one, but have not installed it yet because it requires that the exhaust be re-routed. If you are not worried about doing a turn down at the muffler, then it would be a really easy install. I have kids that ride in the backseat, and I am not willing to have the exhaust dumping out right below them.

I just had the JKS relocated lower shock mounts welded on the axle, and I am waiting to install my new(shorter) shocks to tackle the task of installing the cross-over mount. It will certainly make changing shocks out easier. I am just not sure its worth the effort with the exhaust issues.

Brad

bknudtsen said:
I have one, but have not installed it yet because it requires that the exhaust be re-routed. If you are not worried about doing a turn down at the muffler, then it would be a really easy install. I have kids that ride in the backseat, and I am not willing to have the exhaust dumping out right below them.

I just had the JKS relocated lower shock mounts welded on the axle, and I am waiting to install my new(shorter) shocks to tackle the task of installing the cross-over mount. It will certainly make changing shocks out easier. I am just not sure its worth the effort with the exhaust issues.

Brad

who did you order yours from, my exhaust is already dumping before then, so that is not a problem for me. So does it bolt to the old location for the shocks then? also if you decide to sell yours let me know, may be interested.

Skullvarian said:
here is a design that has been around for a while, may have some trouble fitting shocks with appropriate travel, but I have no experience with it(bottom of first page):
http://www.crossenterprises.com/

I wonder how much? Plus doesn't it attach to your bump stop holes??? All 4 of my bolts broke there and wouldn't trust self tappers that I am planning on using for my new bump stops. But if it is significally cheaper then, I may look into them and welding them on.

KSXJ said:
I wonder how much? Plus doesn't it attach to your bump stop holes??? All 4 of my bolts broke there and wouldn't trust self tappers that I am planning on using for my new bump stops. But if it is significally cheaper then, I may look into them and welding them on.
actually it looks like it uses the upper shock mounts for mounting, give him a call, really nice guy.

Tried calling and didn't reach anyone yet.

anyone have experiece with that one? Looks like it cost 125.oo, but I wonder how it mounts still.

KSXJ said:

It uses your anti-swaybar holes to bolt up.
You also remove your rear seatbelt bolts and replace them with longer ones.
It leaves you with enough threads on the underside of the body to have a mounting point for the upper mount on the hoop.

I'll try and find some pictures for you.

Last edited:
sorry, double post

Last edited:
that seems to be the cheapest, I havn't decide on which design I like better yet. I kinda like the JKS since it uses the stock locations, but I like the other cause it doesn't and is cheaper.

I had the Cross Enterprises shock hoop on my '00, and I liked it. It was nice to move the lower shock mounts up where they weren't getting hung up on rocks all of the time.

I also had to get a custom tailpipe done. I had no problem getting shocks that fit, but I did measure and put the biggest shock possible on so I could get the maximum travel.

I used the middle hole for the uppers. It seems that the more of an angle you put the shock at, the stiffer valving you need??? Or, the softer the shock will feel.

No... no pictures of it, sorry. I don't have that jeep anymore, either.

From reading the JKS description, I do like that they keep a shock front and back like the factory setup, but they do not include lower shock mounts in the price.

The Cross moved both lower mounts to the front of the axle. I don't remember if there was enough room to move one behind or not.

One think I like better about the cross hoop is that it also mounts to the seat belt blots. The JKS only looks like it mounts on the outsides.

If I were to do a shock hoop again (which I think I will on the new jeep) I would absolutely move the lower mounts up. That really seems like one of the major reason to do it, so tack on anothe $50 to the JKS price.....

Back