• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ax-15 bleeder

jelrod

NAXJA Forum User
Can I replace just the bleeder screw (it's stripped) or do I need to replace the slave cylinder?

clutchbleeder004.jpg

Thanks
Jason
93' 4.0 ax-15

what is stripped about it?
im assuming the bleeder screw itself is rounded off? if that is the case, a small pipe wrench or a brand new set of vise grips should be enough to get it out, sometimes the old vise grips dont grip as well and will just tear it up more. looks just like a brake bleeder to me, should be able to replace just the bleeder valve

if the threads are stripped out, you may have to replace the slave.

-Tim

you can replace just the bleeder, I messed mine all up, I forget the threads/size, but the local parts store had it.

5-90 said:
Should be a pretty standard small bleeder screw. If you can't find it locally, and aren't in too big of a hurry, drop me a line. I should have a few used spares - I find one, it's yours for shipping.

5-90

That would be great but a part # would better.

jelrod said:
That would be great but a part # would better.

just take the old one with you to the L.A.P.S. and compare. thats what i always do when i need replacement bolts and such. all the chain stores carry assortments of that stuff. they should carry SAE and metric if applicable.

-Tim

Can I replace my slave cylinder without dropping the trans. I've never messed with this stuff before so being able to do it with the trans bolted up would be great.

Thanks,
Jason

jelrod said:
Can I replace my slave cylinder without dropping the trans. I've never messed with this stuff before so being able to do it with the trans bolted up would be great.

Thanks,
Jason

Nope - you've got the "internal" slave cylinder (damn thing...) and the transmission will have to come down to service it. I don't know why they used that thing - y'ask me, it was never a good idea...

Back