• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

stero and heater not working...help

erniesXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Alright so last night leaving my buddies i went to go start my cherokee and my ignition was all fucked so i put a new ignition...but now i finished all of it and now my stero and heater arent working now.any answers relly help..

Sound like when you replaced the ignition that you didn't get the accessory power wired correctly. Even so you might try a couple of quick checks first:

1. Look at the fuses
2. Go to the engine bay and under the coolent bottle check unplug the fan. Check for voltage with the key on and the fan switch turned to high.

Most likely you need to revisit your ignition install.

When you say it was "fucked" what exactly do you mean? You went to turn the key and the key would not go forward? On top of the column there is the ignition switch and it controls various circuits including the radio and heater.Pull the bottom trim panel and take out the two 15mm bolts that secure the actual column. You should be able to gently pull the column far enough down to see the ignition switch. You will also see a rod that runs from the top of the column to the switch itself. Put your key in and turn it forward to the "on" spot.Wiggle the rod back and fourth(haha :) ) and see if the radio or heater comes on. If it does either the rod is bent or just out of adjusment. You can straighten it back out or adjust it(search and you should be able to come up with a better explanation on how to do so then i can explain). If nothing happens then look into a new ignition switch.

okay after driving it today...i figured out if you hold the key turned over just a little bit past when it starts everything works it til i let go then it comes back it seems like its just not placed in there right...

Back