• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

manual to power?

saweddoffjeep

NAXJA Forum User
so i currently have manual locks and windowsin my 89 xj. i was planning on converting my xj to power, i was just wondering if anyone here has done that and if they ran into any problems, and could provide a complete part list of everything i will need to get.

If I was even to attempt it, I would figure out a way to put a later model setup in there. One improvement they did make was to the power door locks and the power windows in later models. The wiring may be a pain, but will likely pay dividends in longevity and reliability.

I did it in my 2000 using the parts from a 98. I had to swap all of the following:

Door Panels, power window regulators, door lock actuators (actually had one power one already... weird), ALL wiring from the big blue connectors at the kick panels all the way back. I mean ALL the wiring including EVERYTHING from the dash back. But then again things may have been simpler back then...

that's funny cause i want to go backwards. i have power windows and locks which are nothing but problems and want to go to manual. i just figured this spring i'll go to the jeep recycling place here and just buy 4 used complete doors if i can find them and switch the whole thing out. i would think that would be the easiest going manual to power too. i've found doors for cheap. just a thought.

Back