• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Torque Converter Disengaging

wilson0309

NAXJA Forum User
well without high jacking someone elses thread I will start my own.

My Transmission has been doing funny things lately. While driving the Torque converter just decides to diseengage so you let off the gas and then it comes back and your on your way. It doesnt happen all the time but notice its more prominent in high RPMs (I think). Either way I have been told everything form its the TC going out to you need a new transmission becuase its your pump loosing line pressure. Well I double checked my TPS setting and they are in spec. Thought it might have been the ECU and picked another one of those up (going to take it back when this is over because it was not my problem). i have heard a few different things lately.
1 Speed Sensor
2 Transmission Control Unit
3. Vac Switch under the dash (not sure what to look for on this one)

So I turned to you guys because I am stumped can anyone give me a striaght naswer as to which direction to head?

2000xj said:
My vote is bad TPS

I'll 2nd that. Had a very similar issue with my 99. When it starts acting up, does it go in and out of OD if you DONT let off the gas?

99XJSPORT06 said:
I'll 2nd that. Had a very similar issue with my 99. When it starts acting up, does it go in and out of OD if you DONT let off the gas?

No doesnt go in and out and already bought a newTPS sendor

Back