• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rod bearings

a7273chargerguy

NAXJA Forum User
can you replace just them?i heard on this forum that back in the day they used to just change bearings but it did'nt make any money for the mechanics so they quit doing it.i have a hollow scraping sound coming out of the drivers wheel well.you can also hear it when inside the cab but only faintly.in fact it sounds as if you were to spin an engine by hand with no plugs in it,and the torque converter wasn't hooked up and the crank flywheel is scraping the torque converter.

damn the man!it's not fair!why does my engine,a 95 with only 165,000 start to crap out but my 89 with 225,000 and at one point was ran without oil, will not die no matter what!i paid 2200 for the 95 and only 1000 for the 89.go figure!

You just have to find the right mechanic - I got my rod and main bearings done a few years ago when I developed a knock.

Are you sure it's the rod bearings?

Rob Mayercik said:
You just have to find the right mechanic - I got my rod and main bearings done a few years ago when I developed a knock.

Are you sure it's the rod bearings?
thats just it.no,I'm not sure.i am going to check the flexplate-to-torque converter bolts.i am open to any suggestions on what to check.codes thrown up is 55 which i was told is nothing.

Correct, 55 is "end of codes".

Checking the torque converter bolts is a good idea - I just had to have mine tightened down about a month ago to get rid of a rather distressing knocking sound.

Rob Mayercik said:
Correct, 55 is "end of codes".

Checking the torque converter bolts is a good idea - I just had to have mine tightened down about a month ago to get rid of a rather distressing knocking sound.
hey thanx for your help rob,all early and what not!:wave1:

Back