• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

brush guard

kdx

NAXJA Forum User
i know pople are gonna tear me up for not searching good enouph but..

anybody have recomendations for a good brushgaurd. id prefer one that didnt stick out in front to far and also i do mostly trail riding. thanks in advanced

You can buy an aftermarket bumper for the price of most of the brushgaurds.

bowhunter said:
You can buy an aftermarket bumper for the price of most of the brushgaurds.

X2, that and brush gaurds are ment for gaurding against brush and fold like tinfoil on rocks. Get a stout bumper with a hoop or build in grille gaurd and pocket the left over cash.

It all depends on how much you are willing to spend there are alot of options out there. Warn and arb are very stout bumpers but they weigh alot and cost alot. Off road fabrications or nates 4x4 bumpers are pretty good also.

kdx said:
i know pople are gonna tear me up for not searching good enouph but..

anybody have recomendations for a good brushgaurd. id prefer one that didnt stick out in front to far and also i do mostly trail riding. thanks in advanced

I'm only gonna tear into you for your spelling errors! Yikes! Don't worry, youl lern how to serch more better with practic. :D

Seriously though, what is your budget?

Something to consider, do you have tow hooks or other recovery point? If not, figure what that would cost you. Then figure in the price of a quality brushguard. You'll probably find that you're not that far off from a full bumper replacement with d-ring mounts and a guard. Be a bazillion times stronger.

AJsArmor said:
Something to consider, do you have tow hooks or other recovery point? If not, figure what that would cost you. Then figure in the price of a quality brushguard. You'll probably find that you're not that far off from a full bumper replacement with d-ring mounts and a guard. Be a bazillion times stronger.

That is some of the best logic I have heard in a long time. I too was about to get a brush guard and tow hook brackets......so I should be spending this money and time on a real bumper that give me both and more.

BTW, can't see bumpers on youe webpage link.

Back