• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

custom 5" lift

tuff_jeep

NAXJA Forum User
Hey ive got a 1989 cherokee laredo with the 3.5" super flex, full leaf pack lift right now and i was wondering how high i can go with out an SYE this is a strickly off road jeep like field car type jeep i guess its cheap and doesnt see any crazy off road rock crawling...

I ask this because my buddy works for a Coil factory and he is gona make me 5" coils for my jeep like 5" longer then stock ones and 150 pounds stiffer and in the back i was going to put a lift block between the axle and leafs and longer shackles but will i then need an SYE im not worried about vibes i dont care i only do like 35km/h tops and im gonna be running 33" tires

So what do you think is it possible to do with out an SYE?

Thanks in advance Steve

i got 5.5 with no sye. But i do have a transfer case drop. Works fine for me. just add shackles to the back. No blocks. You also will ned to do something about the trac bar. Adding larger coils will move your axle twards the drivers side.

-mike

Alright thanks ya i was planning on unbolitng it from the axle and drilling a new hole over an inch and bolting it back in there

For the t-case drop do i just put spacers in the crossmember where it bolts to the unibody???

yes

tuff_jeep said:
Alright thanks ya i was planning on unbolitng it from the axle and drilling a new hole over an inch and bolting it back in there

For the t-case drop do i just put spacers in the crossmember where it bolts to the unibody???

a sye is not just to eliminate vibes, the stock factory slip yoke is a weak link i have destroyed 2 SYs 2 tailshaft housings and a d35 yoke then i installed my sye and haven't had any problems, and if i did break the dshaft i could pull it and not worry about dumping my atf all over the trail, cause i hate seeing a puddle of oil in the middle of no where

Back