• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2000 Gear Question

StylerG

NAXJA Forum User
From my searching i have come across the fact that the gear special rustys sells is quality stuff. But have also read and heard great stuff about randy's ring and pinion. After getting off the phone with a 585.00 price quote from Randys, is there a reason i shouldnt consider the rusty's gear special...especially since now its 379.00? Is the extra money really worth it from Randy's? Thanks

Rustys sells Superior Gears which are excellent gears indeed. I would just go the Rusty route since Superior gears are strong n reliable but verify that what they are selling is still Superior...just in case. What brand did Randys quote?

Before you buy anything from Rusty's, get a shipping price.
I got raped last time I ordered something from them.

Well i havent ordered anything yet! Here is why
I noticed with my 31's driving on the highway i am in the perfect 2300 rpm range for my jeep...i want the low end torque back, and tried for the first time the "drive in 3rd" method and on the highway i would have had it at like 3300 rpms, i dont think thats great for my jeep! If i regear from my 3.55's will my rpm range be really high. I was going to go with 4.56's and now im wondering if 4.10's will even be too deep. Anyone else have this, it seems like no one has an issue with this.

StylerG said:
Well i havent ordered anything yet! Here is why
I noticed with my 31's driving on the highway i am in the perfect 2300 rpm range for my jeep...i want the low end torque back, and tried for the first time the "drive in 3rd" method and on the highway i would have had it at like 3300 rpms, i dont think thats great for my jeep! If i regear from my 3.55's will my rpm range be really high. I was going to go with 4.56's and now im wondering if 4.10's will even be too deep. Anyone else have this, it seems like no one has an issue with this.

I run 33's and 4.88's and really like it.
31's and 4.56's would be a similar combo so I dont think 4.11's are too deep for you.
If you ever plan on going bigger than don't hesitate running 4.56's

Back