• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

no start....

nova98xj

NAXJA Forum User
just went out to start my jeep and wouldnt start. When i attempted to, it didn't even crank or try to start. The electrical works. I was working on the front bumper last night and everything was working just fine. It rained today, not sure if that would do anything? Maybe two of the starters wires crossed? Any suggestions are much appreciated! It's a 98.

just saw that a little oil is dripping out of the oil filter, maybethat is locking up the starter which is right underneath

Last edited:
nova98xj said:
just went out to start my jeep and wouldnt start. When i attempted to, it didn't even crank or try to start. The electrical works. I was working on the front bumper last night and everything was working just fine. It rained today, not sure if that would do anything? Maybe two of the starters wires crossed? Any suggestions are much appreciated! It's a 98.

just saw that a little oil is dripping out of the oil filter, maybethat is locking up the starter which is right underneath
I would guess it's the NSS try jiggling the shifter around and then try starting it.

Back