• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

mad ignition

cherokeeproject

NAXJA Forum User
i have a quick question, im looking into replacing my ignition system and i was wondering if the MSD blaster 2 coil could be used w/ my 96 cherokee sport with the I6HO if so then how does it need to be installed? cuz i know its not just a unbolt old coil and bold the blaster 2 in its place. also if it is possible is there anyone who has done it that can give me their personal opinion on it? how does it hold up to mudd and water and such?

thanks, josh

There isn't a great deal to be gained by changing the ignition, at least on a stock vehicle.

old_man said:
There isn't a great deal to be gained by changing the ignition, at least on a stock vehicle.
y do u say that? i noticed major improvements in throttle response, gas milege and it also ran alot smoother on my old jeep (acell tune up kit with wires coil and distributor cap, which turned out to be all crap)

A properly working and maintained ignition on a 4.0L seems to be pretty much up to the task. I never trust a butt dyno.

Maybe DrDyno will put in his input.

old_man said:
A properly working and maintained ignition on a 4.0L seems to be pretty much up to the task. I never trust a butt dyno.

Maybe DrDyno will put in his input.
ya thats the key "a properly maintained ignition" when i bouhgt my new xj i swaped the stock coil and wires for the ones i had recently purchased for my previouse xj (acell) but since then the coil has crapped out on me and i no longer have the stock one. the coil does fine on road but as for off road the bumpyness seems to cause problems. i was just curiouse how the msd does

Back