• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

adjustable ball joint Q's

if you have an orileys auto parts they carry "moog" anf they have adj ball joints but there like 80bucks each... I just going to buy the lifetime waranty ball joints from "VATO-zone" (autozone) 26.99 ea.

All balljoints are not created equal.

Buy Moog or Spicer and they will last you for a long time. Buy cheap and you'll do it again in a couple months.

cal said:
All balljoints are not created equal.

Buy Moog or Spicer and they will last you for a long time. Buy cheap and you'll do it again in a couple months.
I agree. When I changed the ball joints on my Bronco's D44, I bought Moogs with a zerk fitting-----don't do it, they don't seem to be as well sealed against water intrusion so, they didn't last as long. So, I replaced those with a set of Spicers (no zerk this time), the Spicers were MUCH heavier duty. If your going to replace them get Spicers. As far as adjustable ball joints go, I don't believe that it's the actual ball joint that is adjustable but, the bushing that sets the preload on the upper ball joint, it has an eccentric (offset hole) that accounts for the adjustability. Depending on how it's rotated, it can alter caster as well as camber on the side that it is installed--------Hans

I stand corrected (I didn't click onto your link till now) The only other ones I have seen were the offset bushings I mentioned in my post.......You learn something new everyday!---------Hans

Oatmeal said:
.......The only other ones I have seen were the offset bushings I mentioned in my post....... Hans
Thinking about that now......I am mistaken. It must have been the offset ball stud I was thinking of. Forgive me--------Hans

I just replaced all my balljoints on my 94 and used the AutoZone "duralast" joints for the lowers. To my suprise they are actually manifactured by Moog, it says right on the paper in the box. I used the Specialty Products offset joints for the uppers to get my jeep back on camber. Jegs, I found has the offset joints for around 75$.

Back