• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

aal install? which way does the short end go?

cjben

NAXJA Forum User
ok,I'll be honest. In all my excitement to get my lift installed today,I took the spring packs apart to install my long aal and noticed the hole for the center pin is not in the center on the leaves. of course I didn't notice this until I had them all apart and was cleaning them up before I put the aal in and put everything back together,so I can't tell which end faced the front or back of the jeep. can someone help please? I really need to at least get the back put together today so I can tackle the front tomorrow 1st thing. thanks for the help!!....Ben

My jeep currently is not in the driveway at the moment, but i'm almost sure that the shorter end faced towards the front. If you don't have an answer by early evening, I'll get out there when the jeep is here and let you know for sure.

thanks cstilesiscool!! I think you are right also. When I went back outside,there were a couple leaves on the other side of the jeep I hadn't picked up since I took them off the jeep. They did measure with the short side to the front. Just out of curiosity,what would happen if I did put them on backwards?

cjben said:
thanks cstilesiscool!! I think you are right also. When I went back outside,there were a couple leaves on the other side of the jeep I hadn't picked up since I took them off the jeep. They did measure with the short side to the front. Just out of curiosity,what would happen if I did put them on backwards?
The short side goes to the front.

If you were to switch it, it would lengthen your wb. You probably shouldnt do that, unless you have cut most of your 3/4s out. So just leave it as is.

Back