• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

help

tony r

NAXJA Forum User
i have a 98 with 104000 on it & have 2 problem that may or maynot be related maybe someone on here can tell me.
problem 1 turns over real slow when starting like battery is going bad ? battery was checked out as good & cables cleaned it has been doing this for weeks & always starts.

problem 2 idle goes to 0 sometimes most of the time its of a morning when you start it up but not always sometime when you stop at a stoplight it will do this & die. check engine light never comes on.if you give it some gas just as it starts to die it will rev back up as long as you stay on the gas but just before it dies the radio dies like it is electrical problem.
thanks tony

for prob 1 maybe the starter
prob 2 you might want to check you map sensor. i had a problem where i broke the air tube running from the tb to the map sensor and it gave me a really bad idle problem until i got that fixed.

You should check the alternator wires concerning both problems...sounds like something is either very dirty or loose. You also want to check all the grounds.

Back