• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

January 20th Holiday Party

2xtreme

NAXJA Forum User
For those who are interested. My wife and I will be hosting a NAXJA holiday party. I know that it is not as convenient as some other locations but it will have to do for those who are interested. we do have limited accomidations that we can make work for those who are traveling a longer distance and want to stay late.

Our home will be open early afternoon and I think we should plan on an relatively early dinner. We will make this a "Pot Luck" style dinner so please bring a meal to share, either main dish, salad, munchies, or dessert. Please bring your significant others, and children. There will plenty of activites for all of them of all ages.

Please let me know via e-mail if you will be attending so that I can provide map and directions for those who are coming.

We live at Kayak Point, between Marysville and Stanwood, about 45min north of Seattle.

Let me know if there are any questions, comments, etc and let the festivities begin.

Michael

dallas xjs said:
send the car around 2 for my pick up...thanks for the invite..

Tard.:looser:

Me and my little one should be able to make it also.

Besides Eli's turkey, is anyone else planning a main course?

I'd bring something, but I just realized Michael is suggesting a relatively early dinner... I'm not going to be up there until after 6 with work and all. Crap, I didn't even realize that this was a Saturday being planned. :(

I've got access to pork shoulder for BBQ sandwiches. I'll be smoking it myself, just need some advance notice so I can brine it (and smoking takes a good 8-12hrs). :D

ECKSJAY said:
Besides Eli's turkey, is anyone else planning a main course?

I'd bring something, but I just realized Michael is suggesting a relatively early dinner... I'm not going to be up there until after 6 with work and all. Crap, I didn't even realize that this was a Saturday being planned. :(

I've got access to pork shoulder for BBQ sandwiches. I'll be smoking it myself, just need some advance notice so I can brine it (and smoking takes a good 8-12hrs). :D

My house will be open any time after noon. Nothing wrong with coming at 6 if you can't make it earlier. I just did not want to stop those who were coming from further away to come earlier.

Michael

2xtreme said:
My house will be open any time after noon. Nothing wrong with coming at 6 if you can't make it earlier. I just did not want to stop those who were coming from further away to come earlier.

Michael

Gotcha. :D Probably no point in me bringing pulled pork then? Not sure if family is going...anyone else not going until later? Sheesh, I should crash out in the Jeep and go for a Walker run the next day. :D:D:D

ECKSJAY said:
Gotcha. :D Probably no point in me bringing pulled pork then? Not sure if family is going...anyone else not going until later? Sheesh, I should crash out in the Jeep and go for a Walker run the next day. :D:D:D

The turkey will only be like a 12-14 #er. Get too big, and it wont cook right. Takes +/- 2 hours or so. So if anyone else wants to bring one, to possibly cook in the oven, then feel free to do so.

Im down for a Walker run, Ill probably crash somewhere up there also.

Ill show up around 1300hrs, to get the turkey ready.

Any thought on a dinner time yet, Michael?

CanMan said:
The turkey will only be like a 12-14 #er. Get too big, and it wont cook right. Takes +/- 2 hours or so. So if anyone else wants to bring one, to possibly cook in the oven, then feel free to do so.

Im down for a Walker run, Ill probably crash somewhere up there also.

Ill show up around 1300hrs, to get the turkey ready.

Any thought on a dinner time yet, Michael?

I figured we would probably have a table full of food and could eat as and when we wanted. I figure starting about 4:00pm (with the main courses, snacks and sides earlier) going on till when ever.

Those of you who want to crash up here are more than welcome. I can at offer at a minimum a air matress on a warm floor for the night. Could be better depending on how many are staying.

Michael

Please tell me that we are going to have more than 4 or 5 of us!!

So far I have:
Matt
Eli
Jamez (maybe)
Ryan
Phil (maybe)

Are there others that are thinking about coming and just have not posted?

If there are not others? And several of you either will be running Walker ORV or working earlier in the day we shouldn't plan on too much food!

Thoughts?
Comments?

Thanks,

Michael

2xtreme said:
Please tell me that we are going to have more than 4 or 5 of us!!

So far I have:
Matt
Eli
Jamez (maybe)
Ryan
Phil (maybe)

Are there others that are thinking about coming and just have not posted?

If there are not others? And several of you either will be running Walker ORV or working earlier in the day we shouldn't plan on too much food!

Thoughts?
Comments?

Thanks,

Michael
I'm pretty sure Ian is coming as well.

More of you bastards had better show up...I'm missing the Barrett-Jackson for this!

-----Matt-----

Wish I could make it, but i'm not gonna be home from Vegas until 3am Saturday and I doubt my wife will let me out of the house seeing as I plan on joining you guys on the 28th. hahahaha John

I should be able to make it, with the wife, and we might stay over, depends on if she wants to drink too. I'll check and get back to ya Michael.

I'd like to head over to your place after the Walker Valley clean-up. I'll be without my family, but thought it would be nice to visit and meet people. Maybe even mooch some dinner :) Is there something I can bring to contribute? Like a side dish or Dessert?

Jeremy

Ill still be there. Just picked up a 13.5# Gobbler today.

But, the bad news is, I won't be there Sunday for wheeling. Clutch went out in the Jeep finally, and won't have it back together by then. Depending on time and $$$, might not be able to make it to the 27th/28th snow camping either. :(

More and likley stay the night up there somewhere though.

Back