• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Drive Shaft Q's.

Reichy

NAXJA Forum User
Ok guys ive been driving a 49cc scooter in the 30 degree weather for the last week cause i broke my rear drive shaft. I have a 93 5 speed 4x4 c8.25. I can not for life of me find a rear drive shaft in a 100 mile distance of me. Is there any other drive shaft from another Jeep or anything that it will fit? Its about 33'' from center of both u joints. Its only going to get colder and dont want to be driving a scooter in the snow. Im on a high school budget so I dont have the money for a SYE or Tom Woods shaft. Our local drive train shop wants about $180 just to length a drive shaft. Any Ideas would be great. Thanks.

I have searched.

If you search yahoo, or goodle type in your length and drive shaft. More than likey you will find something that might work. Also try e-bay.

Ive got a 2'' BB. I tryed a shaft from a auto with an c8.25 and it was 3'' short. I snapped the tube in half.

DSCF2381.jpg

whats your trans.

i know when i swapped out my 35 for an 8.25, my old shaft still worked great. a drive shaft for a 35 and the same tranny/tc combo as you should work.

ok. thanks.

Why not buy the shaft 100 miles away and get it shipped?

Back