• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Heat control vale blew out

Wildride15204

NAXJA Forum User
I was almost home today, and I heard this awful noise(35mph) smoke came out of the passenger side fender, and it shuddered real bad, and died out on me. I looked under the hood and noticed the heat valve nipple broke off and I lost quite a bit of coolant. I probably drove it a few hundred feet until it stopped. What I am worried about is, was that shuddering and shaking the engine dying out on me? I hope not. Any help would be nice, folks. Thanks

I'm guessing that you got your distributor and spark plug wires wet.

Normally this is not a problem unless your wires are in bad share.

I can't imagine that losing coolant and driving a couple of hundred feet did any real damage.

I did the same thing recenlty, but did not die...only shudder bad. Once all the coolant lines were fixed there was no problem at all.

That makes me feel better, folks! Today, I will get to work on it, and probably will change a few hoses, although they are'nt that bad, but what the heck! thanks again AND MERRY CHRISMAS!!!!!

Back