• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

xj dana 44 e brake ?

xdutyxj00

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 2000 xj with the 7.5 RE long arm kit.It has the 8.25 rear axle in it now,found a xj 44 at a local junkyard to swap in it.My ? is the E-brake cable that came with the 44 is way short so has anybody tried using the cable off the 8.25 axle.

I've never had a 8.25, but if the 44 has stock ebrake cables I would say they wouldnt work with a 7.5 lift. I got my extended cables from ebay cheep.

I think I got them from mako. That was the name of the ebay store I got them from. Does the one for the 8.25
look the same as the 44? If it does, I would say use the ones that are on it

The cables are the same configuration and will work with the 44.Because of your lift height you may need to purchase a Pass side cable to use on the drivers side.

Don't know if you know this already but on 1997+ the cables run along the drivers side of the jeep unlike the 1996 and below models which run up into the tranny tunnel. I don't think the YJ cable mod works for 1997+ because of this. I know with my 1997 I just reused the Passenger side cable off the D35 it came with and used the drivers side cable off the 44, had to shorten the actual metal cable a bit to match the Pass cable though (not hard to do). Also on 1997+ you can move the ebrake braket back about 3". Together this *should* be good for 8" of lift.

Back