• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

weld on bead locks need??? and in stall ?

y-townxj

NAXJA Forum User
I was wondering, if you guys think i should get bead locks becaus ei just got a smokeing deal on my wheels. Heres the deal, I have a locked, d30, 33'' tsl's and open 35, i am getting rid of the 35 soon. I wheel in mainly, mud and some hillclimbes, NO ROCKS, and was wondering if yall think bead locks would be good for me or not for me. Also, I was wondering who has the cheapest and best weld on, bead lcoks, and how much it might cost to get a welding shop to weld em up...thanks

If you do a search you should come up with many weld on beadlock solutions,In a shop up here it would be one hours shop time.git er done

thanks guys, I searched but wasent sure if they were for me cause no one ever mentioned, what they help your vehicle the best in, mud, snow ,rocks thanks again

Have you ever popped a bead yet? Do you think you need them?

Most bead locks are not DOT approved either, not that I have ever heard of anyone getting a ticket for using them onroad.

Blaine B. said:
I heard that too...why wouldn't they be DOT approved?

I'm guessing either the expense of the process of having them DOT approved, or the liability risk involved with having a bunch of bolts spinning at freeway speeds and one breaking (which I've never heard of happening- not saying that it hasn't, but...). At any rate, I've been running WE beadlocks on my DD for almost a year with no issues with either the beadlocks or the law ;) .

I suppose that makes sense. Good point.

You think the majority of law enforcement even knows what a beadlock is?

And then now they have imitation beadlock rims and such....you'd never know.

There are so many simulated bead lock wheels on the market the fuzz doesn't know the difference anymore.

Blue XJ said:
Have you ever popped a bead yet? Do you think you need them?

X2, If you haven't popped a bead, and don't reeeallllly need them.... you'd be better off putting that money into replacing that turdy five.

Back