• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

aw4

rubiconrescue

NAXJA Forum User
well i think i have the old aw4 selenoid gone bad problem. anyways i was wondering (pleaz dont burn the newb.i dont know much about trannys) how much they cost? i think i will need just one but if there not that much i will replace all three.

the local parts place is closed right now. i was just seeing what most people think it would cost b/c i know a few on here have replaced them

They are pricey. I've heard in the ballpark of $140 from the dealer, which is a real rip-off. Search eBay for used or check if you have a local salvage yard for used ones. What makes you think you have a bad one? Have you tested the resistance with a meter?

not yet i have to test. im haveing the same problem that the big thread talked about. in OD it will not go into first,it takes off in 2nd. basically to take off i have to shift like a manually up to OD. you can drive it in OD the whole time but its hard to get it going from a dead stop.

Most AW4 shifting problems are TPS related. The solenoids very rarely go bad. Have you tested or replaced your TPS? Check the resistance on the solenoids too, you can do this at the TCM harness... 11-14ohms is spec I think, a search would confirm the right number.

Back