• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Moving Vacuum Cannister?

if you search, using the search feature, youll find alot of info.

i put mine in the engine bay, just kinda sitting in there by the windshield fluid.

BTW check out he links at the bottom of this page. they might help

I moved mine when I put a new winch bumper. You can get an in-line vacuum line splice and with soome rubber fuel line move the canister whever you want. I put mine over behind the bumper, near the btoom of the rqdiator.

rubiconrescue said:
i wedged mine inbetween the fuse/wasfer fluid in the engine bay

this is what i did too, you dont even have to change the lines

I've got a 96 sport and moved my cannister to behind the front crossmember. Found some extra vacuum lines out of a wrecked xj and hooked it all up. No problem and a simple move to make.

Why not leave it behind the bumper? When you put it in the engine compartment, it's just in the way. Keep it behind the bumper and it's out of sight, out of mind. Even with my Loose Nuts winch bumper, I kept the canister underneath.

Moved mine anywhere behind and below when a new bumper was mounted...between that place which is exposed (very close to the new track bar) and where I have the horns mounted (discreet just for the city bike mesengers!) for the air horn, I can safely say that I'm out of frickin' room, engine compartment-full front suspension area-full....damn it what if I get another idea?!

After I replaced the stock bumper I got some large hose clamps and connected it to the fender support bracket behind the bumper on the passenger side. Have had no problems in over a year of it being mounted there.

Back