• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Modded MJ What do you think it is worth?

Matt_West

NAXJA Forum User
Hello,

I have been looking for an MJ with a 4.0l and AW4 for a couple of weeks now. I found one that is local, but the owner and I seem far apart on pricing. I am interested on thoughts as to value. Here is how he described the vehicle to me

Begin Quote

Hi I have a sweet Commanche That is loaded, 4.0L, auto, 4x4, warn winch, ARB front bumper, rear tube bumper, DANA 44 front and rear, 6 hole allows with 33" Swampers, Air-raid spacer, K&N intake, Roll bar, KC Lights, High Lift Jack, Alpine system, center console from a 99 Grand.

The engine and tranny were taken from a 99 Grand I was never sure iof the exact miles because the gauges were destroying in the crash I guess. I have had comp checks done and the mechanics all say it has around 40-50k on it and runs like new I have never had anything mechanically go wrong with this Jeep only breakage from my bad off-road driving lol.

Anyway I broke a upper link arm a while back and it needs ball joints from
normal wear and tear of running 33's. I have had the truck inspected at Randy's Offroad in Marysville and they gave me a $1200.00 quote for the repairs, if you can do them yourself it would be around 500 I think.

End Quote

Thanks,
Matt

A good MJ is hard to find, trust me. How much does he want for it?

Not to mention that he's changed to newer running gear .. is it smog legal now? Here in California, that can be a pain in the ass.

2000 - 2500

5k what a joke. Call him once a month and offer him 2.5. its not going anywhere for 5.

Back