• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tj to XJ FLARES

bikenlax

NAXJA Forum User
howdy, another unsearchable question here..
im just wondering if anyone has done this efore-the fender flare conversion.
im planning on doing it over my x-mas break and just had one question about it.
if i do so, how much do i need to space out my tires? im just gonna pick up some wheel spacers and need to know how big i should get them. i run 30x9.50s right now with a 2 inch lift, but will be going a little bigger come the begining of the yeaqr.
thanks guys
:spin3:

I roughly calculate about one-bazillion XJs with TJ flares on them....

I'd install the flares and then measure to where you think they will look good and buy that size spacer. It depends on what you think looks right. Besides, you didn't mention your backspacing, wheel type or width or any of that. I did have the same size tire on some stock steelies with the same flares and they looked too narrow. I don't think you could install enough spacers to make the ones I had look good.

bikenlax said:
sorry guys, correction-
that would be XJ to TJ..and i just need to know the amount of tire spacing im gonna want/need

Why would you want to space out your tires? Maybe your wheels. You can get a set of good looking wheels for cheap, might be a better alternative to wheel spacers.

cal said:
For 30x9.5's? You have enough spacing now.

Yeah, I wouldn't do it. TJ flares make my 35s look small, 30s will look like skateboard wheels...

two cents...

Robert

Back