• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

87 cherokee pioneer with 242?

a7273chargerguy

NAXJA Forum User
the lever had all the markings mt 231 in my 95 cherokee has but it had "4 high lock" as well.this is a 242 correct?the guy at the junkyard wants 150 for it and the jeep has 200,000 miles on it.does this sound like a good deal and how hard will it be to swap into my 95?thanx!

the swap should be simple, but you have to check the spline count on the input shafts i dont know the years and the count number off the top of my head (i never messed with mine yet) i think they come in 21 and 23 spline. At any rate if you search there is for sure a good two or three write ups on this.

The price is not a rip off but if you check http://www.car-part.com/ you may be able to find one cheaper and or closer. Be sure to check if your town has a pick n pull yard. Rebuild kits are around $125 ish and you still have the trading value of your 231 so you can come out fine.

Back