• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How's the ride with these?

northernxj

NAXJA Forum User
I am looking at doing the RE budget boost and was wondering how the Twintube shocks ride? If it's not going to ride well I'll just hold out and get some OME. Does anyone have any experience with these?
Thank you

I've got the twin tubes, they're a little stiff, but not extremely harsh. I don't drive mine every day (I have a company car) but its not uncomfortable to drive.

I've got the RE 2" kit with add-a-leafs and whatever shocks come with it (twin tubes I guess). The ride sucks. The add-a-leafs make it ride like there's no suspension at all in the rear. The shocks are really, really stiff too. I unbolted my shocks when I swapped axles this summer, and I was barely able to compress them enough to bolt them back up in the rear. I'd get the Old Man Emus if I were you.

Go OME or Bilsteins.

The twin-tubes are stiff. Great for pre-running though, they suck up the bumps at speed very well. For slow crawling i like them but around town driving, let's just say next time i'll go adjustable and be done with it. -B

How are Rancho's, like the rsx and others? I had a set of those on a truck, they seems good, not too stiff, though it was a grocery getter with IFS. Are these decent for a BB and a Jeep? I just would like a decent ride, trying to aviod the fat price on OME for now.

Call Dirk at dpg, and get the kit with the ome shocks. Great guy to work with. Do it right the first time and you will save money in the long run. My 2 cents

Back