• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sterling 10.25?

DirtyMJ

NAXJA Forum User
Anybody run one? Love it? Hate it? Weak links?

I can get one really cheap, and it might just become part of my next build.

And does anybody know if the axleshafts are equal length?

I don't run one, but here's a quote from CRASH's Axles for Rocks sticky, FWIW.

CRASH said:
Dana 70/Ford 10.25/14 bolt: This is the true one ton series of axles put out by the OEM's. They are fine and dandy, but the parts and gear ratios can be limited, bigger shafts are more difficult to run than a 60, and they tend to have more ring gear strength than is really necessary for a Jeep. The ring gear size comes into play when towing, not really in Jeeping. This makes them more difficult to trim, as the gear fills most of the case. These axles all have 1.5" diameter shafts, (35 and 31 spline due to difference in spline size), and as such, can be run with the same tires as a 60.

DirtyMJ said:
Did I mention it's cheap?

Did I mention I'm cheap?
you may be cheap. but it won't be.

I just finished helping put a 14bolt under a buddies super duty. the entire swap including the detroit cost less that the locker for the 10.25. look around or those kind of things first. then figure out what it will cost you.

cumorglas said:
you may be cheap. but it won't be.

I just finished helping put a 14bolt under a buddies super duty. the entire swap including the detroit cost less that the locker for the 10.25. look around or those kind of things first. then figure out what it will cost you.

It would either be welded or full spooled (didn't check if I can get one). I don't know where the carrier break is...

I didn't actually look at the gear pricing on it, I just checked to make sure they were avaliable. You have a point.

Back