• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

UPDATE...

imma honky

NAXJA Forum User
ok, about two weeks ago:
- reaplaced valve cover and gasket
-replaced PCV lines
-New air filter
-cap/roter/button/wires/plugs

ran fine, not much ass up hills.

TODAY:
-Reaplced fuel filter
-changed oil
-Replaced fuel pressure regulator (was leaking BAD).

I still have no ass going up hills unless i take it OUT of OD and petal to the floor.
It cut off on my ata redlight. Idle dropped to much

I suspect fuel pump.

Any other guesses?

I'm not up on your saga; done a compression test?

I recently had similar problems with my '93 XJ. I was planning on replacing many of the same parts you did, but before buying them I mentioned my problem to one of the service writers at my local Jeep dealer and fellow wheeler. He suggested that I have the Catalytic Converter tested first. The muffler shop did their usual shaking & tapping and told me that it seemed to be fine. I asked them to test the back pressure in the exhaust system (normally under 1lb from the cat back) and found over 5 lbs of pressure even though it appeared to be fine at first look. A new cat and I have the power that I am used to as well as better mileage.

This might not be your problem, but having the cat tested is quick and simple....and it just might be what you need. Good luck, and try Hypoid's suggestion too.

Doc :patriot:

I have not tried a compression test or a fuel pressure test yet. Won't be able to until the weekend.

Out of al that was replaced, it was all done not to try and fix my "no ass" problem, but b/c I don't think anything but plugs and wires were ever done before. I also had to fix my blow-by problem (dumping a 1.5QTs of oil after a fresh change wasn't fun). I will also see if i can get my cat tested, but if its up to me, I may just yank it if it causes problems (no smog tests where I live).

Do you have the ability to run a scan on a real scan tool? If so look for a bad O2 sensor. A guy I wheeled with from here this weekend was stalling when we stopped and had low rpm. He said they ran it on the computer at work and the O2 sensor was what was causing it. Get the motor scaned if you do a compression test and its ok.

Ghost said:
Do you have the ability to run a scan on a real scan tool? If so look for a bad O2 sensor. A guy I wheeled with from here this weekend was stalling when we stopped and had low rpm. He said they ran it on the computer at work and the O2 sensor was what was causing it. Get the motor scaned if you do a compression test and its ok.
hmmm? not sure if the scan tool at my old work (shop) can do a computer from a 90...... any input on that one?

Back