• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Why chop?

It seems like chopping the top/back of an XJ is a fairly popular thing to do, and I was just curious about the reasons people are doing it. Rollover damage? Tired of breaking rear glass? Trying to save weight? Not enough headroom?

So if you've chopped your top, why'd you do it?

because all the cool guy's are going it...:cool:

I had good ac and still did it. I like to be different. You don't see many chopped xjs around here

Going to be done really soon, only because my wife tells me our dog is not getting enough air with the windows rolled down.

oh, it's a 2 door.

Easier to roll :dunno:

Better weight distribution. With the rear removed and the cage installed the weight distribution is more between the axles. It climbs alot better.
Oh yeah and it secretly wants to be a YJ. :)

houserock1.JPG

DaffyXJ said:
Better weight distribution. With the rear removed and the cage installed the weight distribution is more between the axles.
Now that's interesting. How much weight did you lose? I wouldn't think that the hatch, quarter windows, and rear roof section weighed more than 100-150 pounds together.

FarmerMatt said:
If you like that than you'd love a look at the owner. He's sexy & smells like fish...:loveu:

Did somebody say fish????? :sad1:

Back