• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Vibes (not DW)

00xj54

NAXJA Forum User
I'm experiencing vibes from my Jeep. It happens at 45 MPH and gets worse the faster I go.

It's not the tires. I just got them balanced and the the PSI was also equal.

It's not the drive-line, I drove in different gears and the vibes still happened at the same MPH.

Any Ideas?

Driving in different gears won't necessarily pinpoint a driveline issue. Try yanking the rear driveshaft and then driving it in 4 hi and see what happens. If it still vibes then reinstall the rear shaft and yank the front and drive it. Maybe a u joint crapped the bed?

mk20rockeye said:
do you have a lift on it and if you do, did you have an alingment? how bad are the vibes as the faster you go?

2 inch lift, I had alingments soon after the lift. I've only had itup around 80 and it was still driving so they're not VERY bad.

It could be rear or front DS, or u-joints. It also could be the front pinion bearing. My 99 started having vibes and they would be worse at certain speeds. I just put up with it until I changed gears. Thats when I discovered my front pinion bearing was fried. After gear change no more vibes.

Back