• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

02 Mustang injectors

a1collier

NAXJA Forum User
i have a chance to get some 2002 Mustang GT fuel injectors for a pretty fair price.are these too new or will they work for my 90 XJ with a 93 motor,but the 90 intake and fuel rail on it.

I read somewhere about a guy using mustang injectors...What are the pros and cons to this and what year injectors would work on a 99???

If you want 19 lb.-er's check out ebay. They have them on there all the time. You'll have to beat out the one guy that buys them all up and resell's them to ppl with Volvo's, but it can be done...I have...got 8 for $72 delivered

19# is the stock size i have been told. Mine are starting to look like if you touch them they will break, so i have bid on some on ebay just to get some new ones in. And from what i have been told, the renix can all so use the 19# ford 5.0 or 4.6 injectors.

you wouldnt happen to get better mileage with the mustang injectors would you???

On my 1990 4.0 the switch from OEM fuel injectors to Denso fuel injectors for a Ford Mustang (from fiveO) solved the problem with injectors leaking at the seam, made NO CHANGE in mileage ( I checked carefully), and no change in driveability. Perfect swap.

4xBob said:
On my 1990 4.0 the switch from OEM fuel injectors to Denso fuel injectors for a Ford Mustang (from fiveO) solved the problem with injectors leaking at the seam, made NO CHANGE in mileage ( I checked carefully), and no change in driveability. Perfect swap.

x2, assuming you get the 19lb/hr ones.

Well I got the injectors from my buddy's 03 (4.6L).

I still cannot determine if these will work. So for now, they just sit on the desk.

They are pink top and the number on them says:
F0TE-9F593-D9B

Guess what happens when the A/F Ratio gets too rich? You lose power, but at least your mileage suffers greatly with that loss in power.

So why do you want bigger fuel injectors?

If you get more AIR AND FUEL into the cylinder you will get more power, that way you still have the proper A/F ratio and more air and fuel creates more pressure to push down the piston and give more you torque/power.

So, unless you've modded the motor so much that it takes in so much more air, the stock injectors can't keep up with the extra air and now the A/F ratio is leaning out, bigger injectors aren't going to do anything but hurt.

Of course, the Chrysler and (I think) the Renix fuel injection systems are ADAPTIVE. Meaning they use the O2 sensor to measure (technically tell the controller when it hits 14.7:1 A/F ratio) the A/F ratio and adjust how much fuel is injected to get the designed A/F Ratios. So if you install bigger fuel injectors, it will inject more fuel, FOR ABOUT 3 SECONDS, before the controller figures the A/F ratio is out of whack and adjusts the bigger injectors to inject the same amount of fuel as the old smaller injectors were. So your just wasting your money, unless you've modded that so much, that it is flowing in SO MUCH AIR, that the stock injectors are going lean, then bigger injectors would help.

Rick Anderson said:
Guess what happens when the A/F Ratio gets too rich? You lose power, but at least your mileage suffers greatly with that loss in power.

So why do you want bigger fuel injectors?

If you get more AIR AND FUEL into the cylinder you will get more power, that way you still have the proper A/F ratio and more air and fuel creates more pressure to push down the piston and give more you torque/power.

So, unless you've modded the motor so much that it takes in so much more air, the stock injectors can't keep up with the extra air and now the A/F ratio is leaning out, bigger injectors aren't going to do anything but hurt.

Of course, the Chrysler and (I think) the Renix fuel injection systems are ADAPTIVE. Meaning they use the O2 sensor to measure (technically tell the controller when it hits 14.7:1 A/F ratio) the A/F ratio and adjust how much fuel is injected to get the designed A/F Ratios. So if you install bigger fuel injectors, it will inject more fuel, FOR ABOUT 3 SECONDS, before the controller figures the A/F ratio is out of whack and adjusts the bigger injectors to inject the same amount of fuel as the old smaller injectors were. So your just wasting your money, unless you've modded that so much, that it is flowing in SO MUCH AIR, that the stock injectors are going lean, then bigger injectors would help.
I think the reason most of us do this is because it is a cheap way to replace our worn out, leaky injectors. The mustang injectors are 19/lb injectors....same as XJ stock.

I don't the pink Injs. will work. You need the "yellow" almost orange ford 19#. If you get Gen 3 they will have four pintles for better atomization and any newer than that and you will have wiring issues, although it is a simple fix for a few bucks per injector.
Either way the Ford inj.'s will be cheaper to replace that OEM DC/Jeep and you should be happy with the results. We've done this on a few 4.0's ...no probs.

Back