• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Folding CB antenna mount

Ray H

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone use a folding CB antenna mount? I bought one but Im not sure Im going to like it. It folds down horizontally as it should but it rattles when the antenna is vertical. I just installed it and havent had a chance to try it yet so I dont know for sure that it will bother me while driving but I have a feeling that it will.
I need the antenna to fold because Im mounting it on the roof rack and I want to be able to go into the garage and drivethroughs and other low clearance places. I also carry kayaks and a canoe on the roof so it needs to fold out of the way so I can load the boats.
How about some feedback from users of folding mounts. Are they noisy and do they transmit/receive as well as a fixed mount?

I use a folding mount for many of the same reasons. Mounted on roof, with no problems. TX & RX are great. I have a spring & fold mount w/ a 3ft Firefly Ant with no problems at all. Another solution for you being as you carry kayaks and a canoe on the roof, is to use a quick release instead of a folder because it will flop around when folded while driving.

Rob $.02

I considered the quick disconnect mount also. I figured the folding mount would be easier to deal with if it works good. My antenna is mounted on the roof rack crossbar right above the drivers window so I can reach out the window and fold it, so going in and out of the garage and through drivethroughs wont require that I get out of the Jeep. Im going out to set the SWRs now, and then take it for a drive. We will see how it does.

Back