• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ENGINE KNOCK SENSOR

bcmaxx

NAXJA Forum User
Just ordered a knock sensor for my 89 cherokee, it's the newer style that is fastened to the block by a bolt rather than screwing in the knock sensor. Can anyone tell me what size bolt to get-I'd like to have all the parts here before I do the job , I know its fine thread but metric or standard?. Thanks

bcmaxx said:
Just ordered a knock sensor for my 89 cherokee, it's the newer style that is fastened to the block by a bolt rather than screwing in the knock sensor. Can anyone tell me what size bolt to get-I'd like to have all the parts here before I do the job , I know its fine thread but metric or standard?. Thanks
The bolt SHOULD come with the sensor. If it's a Borg Warner, it for sure does. Hope it helps.
-Collin

Bolt comes with thr GP brand Knock sensor as well.

Ive been told that the torque of this bolt is important so that the sensor works correctly.

Does anyone know what that torque spec is?

Back